Eastbury Community School celebrates another record breaking A Level results with 100% pass rate
Eastbury Community School is delighted to announce another highly successful year for Sixth Form students who have once again produced the A level and BTEC results which will enable them to go on to an outstanding range of Universities, and Higher Level & Degree Apprenticeships. Six students received A*/A grades in all of the subjects they studied including Daniel Dosti who achieved an amazing 4 A* grades.
Almost two in three of all grades achieved at A Level were at A* to B and almost 1 in 4 were A*/A grades. Staff and students have been working hard and these results come at the end of a very impressive year in which the school became a ‘Leading Edge school’ and was shortlisted for the prestigious Times Educational in Science.
The majority of Eastbury students have secured places at Russell group and top universities this year. Universities across the UK are now getting ready to welcome students from Eastbury including the London University College London, School of Economics, Kings College London, University College London, Queen Mary’s, Durham, Manchester, Bath and Reading to study a range of exciting subjects (a sample of students and their courses can be found at the end of this press release). Eastbury is also extremely pleased that an increasing number of students will be progressing to Degree Apprenticeships with the Bank of England, Ernst & Young, and other prestigious organisations.
Executive Head teacher, Mr. David Dickson
‘It is wonderful to hear so many success stories about students at Eastbury and across the borough. I am absolutely delighted for all those who have worked hard to secure the grades needed for their chosen University, Higher Level and Degree Apprenticeships, or job. All, whatever their pathway, have made an excellent start to their careers. I am very proud of all the students and staff who have worked hard in these more challenging times for A-level exams; and I would like to thank them alongside our supportive parents, governors and local authority. It is a privilege to work with such a great staff team and enthusiastic students’.
Students are very proud about their achievements
Many students have achieved excellent results, in a year in which A-level exams became more challenging, but particular mention should go to the following students who have secured places at excellent universities and apprenticeships.
- Daniel Dosti achieved an amazing 4A* grades and will be progressing to University College London to study Mathematics.
- Mustafa Abdulrahman achieved an amazing 2A* and an A grades, and will be progressing to a degree apprenticeship in Finance with Ernst and Young.
- Karina Prokofjeva achieved 1 A* & 2A grades and will be progressing to University College London to study Politics.
- Cathy Davouloury achieved 3 A grades and will be progressing to University of Durham to study Natural Sciences.
- Artenisa Deda achieved 3 A grades and will be progressing to Kings College London to study Medicine.
- Alan Mahmoud achieved 3 A grades and will be progressing to Kings College London to study Computer Science.